Подготовка диссертаций в научных центрах Чехии
JINR-Czech Student Programme
(Programme for graduate and postgraduate students in the framework of collaboration between JINR laboratories, JINR Member States and Czech scientific institutions)
The main purpose of the Programme is to further extend direct collaboration between JINR laboratories, JINR Member States and Czech scientific institutions. The Programme allows educating graduate and postgraduate students from the JINR Member States in the frame of international experimental and theoretical groups involved in fundamental and applied research in Czech Republic linked to JINR topical plan.
– Programme participants shall take part in direct collaboration and joint projects of JINR and Czech scientific institutions.
– The Programme participant shall have two supervisors (1 from JINR and 1 from a Czech scientific institution).
– The stay period for the Programme participant shall be 1-3 years (depending on the degree obtained) with the possibility to extend the stay for one year.
– The stay period can be split between a Czech scientific institution and JINR based on the project requirements.
– The Programme participant shall submit an annual report in order to ensure regular monitoring of his/her academic progress.
– Continuation of the project for the Programme participant shall depend on the report approval by the Committee.
– Programme participants can become postgraduate students at Czech universities or employees of the host scientific institutions.
– Programme participants shall prepare a thesis based on the research performed in the frame of the joint project.
Program participation criteria
– Programme applicants shall be graduate or postgraduate students.
– Programme applicants shall be students supervised by the JINR University Centre or scientific institutions of the JINR Member States, or they shall be employed by JINR on a long-term basis.
– Programme participants shall have Intermediate or higher level of English (speak English in a fluent understandable manner and be able to work with English scientific literature).
– Submission, acceptance and selection of applications for participation in the Programme shall take place two times per year.
– All required materials (application form, curriculum vitae, letter of motivation, letter of recommendation with contact details of the Recommender) shall be submitted prior to January 31 and July 31 in the electronic format.
Important: Deadline for application submission is extended until 15th September 2015
Successful applicants shall be selected by the Committee consisting of a representative of JINR Directorate (appointed by Director of JINR), Director of JINR UC, Plenipotentiary of the Czech Republic (or his/her representative), a person responsible for Educational Programme in the Committee for Collaboration of Czech Republic with JINR, and 2 responsible persons - one from JINR, one from the Czech side - of the 3+3 proposal. If required, the Committee can be extended by other members (in balance between both sides) or invite experts. The selection shall be performed not later than 60 days after each application submission deadline. At present, the maximum number of participants to be accepted in the Programme is not more than 5 graduate or postgraduate students.
– Scholarship in amount of 1000 USD per month shall be covered by JINR.
– Scholarship for postgraduate students of Czech scientific institutions or salary for employees of Czech scientific institutions is possible.
– Travel expenses (two trips per year) between JINR and Czech scientific institutions shall be covered by JINR.
1. The systematic measurements at the neutrino mass experiment KATRIN (diploma or master work)
2. Influence of metallic implants on dose distributions during ion radiotherapy (PhD work)
3. Photon strength functions in rare-earth nuclei
4. Position-sensitive coincidence spectrometry of neutron-induced reaction products
5. Studies on the behavior of tetravalent metal ions in different media with respect to radiopharmacy